Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Feels Like Forever...

...Since I posted here! I'm so sorry, readers, for this gap. I've been dealing with a major family crisis these past few weeks. My mom was critically injured in an alleged accident at her former care facility. She spent days in the Trauma Unit in Asheville, and has now been released to a skilled facility while she recovers from her injuries and fractures.
Soon I will post about a disturbing trend in WNC (and probably elsewhere) that may or may not have been a factor in mom's lousy care. But whether the issue played a role or not, the trend does underscore the fact that for-profit healthcare is a losing proposition for everyone except the very wealthy.

When I think about all the people who are at the mercy of these facilities, and who have no one there to continually advocate and agitate for them, my blood runs cold.

But at any rate, I'm please to say that mom continues to improve overall, for which I am very grateful. And it feels good to be back. I'm also grateful for those of you who continue to read this blog, and I will continue to work to make your time here interesting and worthwhile!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dredd said...

Condolences. You were missed. I am sure I am not the only one who was concerned. Hope she recovers fully.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Anna Van Z said...

Thanks, Dredd! (This month has been hell!)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home