Friday, February 15, 2013

Once again, I'm back

Sorry for the absence, readers! I was in the hospital a couple days this week (yes, in spite of being uninsured) due to some cardiac issues. Now I'm struggling to adapt to a new medication that I didn't want, but apparently must take, at least for now. I had hoped to somehow get to DC this weekend for the big climate rally on Sunday, but that's not going to happen now. How about if you go for me? 

So much has been happening this week, nationally and globally, most of it has been depressing (as usual!) I've been trying to keep up, but also trying to avoid angina and stress, which hasn't been working out very well. I knew my unemployment benefits were going to be cut, which they were - mine and thousands of other folks'. But then I read this in the Washington Post, and was even more dumbfounded. NC repugs were so desperate to slash benefits for us lazy, no-account unemployed loafers (that's their attitude), they were willing to forfeit up to $780 million in federal funds to do so. And the unemployment extensions they slashed weren't even paid for by the state! But they were so determined to make sure we didn't get them, that they were willing to cut their own throats to do it.

This is the very definition of insanity. It makes no rational sense! This is what happens when looney, agenda-driven fanatics gain control of states through gerrymandering districts. Is your state next? Or has it already been taken over by the loon squad? It's time for a revolution, fellow citizens. I mean a real one. I don't know how bad things have to get before people are willing to take to the streets, or more - around these parts, it will probably have to get very bad for almost everyone - but it seems like that scenario may be approaching rapidly. Sharpen those pitchforks, folks!

Then I read that a coalition of southern governors were begging Interior secretary nominee Sally Jewell to drill for oil off "their" coasts, and I threw up a little in my mouth. That's when I realized that I need to have my blood pressure under better control before I jump back into calling and writing these idiots! Hopefully I'll be raring to go after a few more days of medication. Dear gawd, how does any thinking person who reads avoid going ballistic these days?! If only that meteorite had hit DC - or Raleigh. Oh well....hope springs eternal, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Father Tyme said...

"I don't know how bad things have to get before people are willing to take to the streets, or more"

Sadly, the attitude is:
"Hey! Let's you and him fight!"

See, that way the job gets done, they don't have to sacrifice anything, then they tell all their friends how they helped bring down the system!

As bad as the chickenhawks. Maybe these bystanders should be called pigeonhawks because al the do is coo, pick up garbage and fly away at the first sign of danger.

Either that or dodos! But I have more respect for the extinct bird!

10:11 PM  
Blogger The Kind Vampire said...

Oh, Anna - I am with you. I've had and still have health issues also. I have tried to comment a number of times through Blogger and I couldn't do it. Love to you, Vampy -

1:25 AM  
Blogger Anna Van Z said...

Thanks, vampy!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home