Wednesday, January 30, 2013

And Speaking Of Attacking Whistleblowers....

For those of you who may not have been paying attention, we've officially become a fascist government, codified by law. Mega-industries now control the apparatus of government completely, at every significant level. The post below this one noted how the only person to be imprisoned because of torture is the person who exposed the torture. Why? Because he criticized and questions the operations of the MIC, attempting to make the public aware of what was happening. Now states want to jump on the bandwagon - indeed some already have - legislating the imprisonment of anyone who tries to warn the public about dangers and cruelties on factory farms.

Excerpt from Alternet and Global Possibilities:

How do you keep consumers in the dark about the horrors of factory farms? By making it an “act of terrorism” for anyone to investigate animal cruelty, food safety or environmental violations on the corporate-controlled farms that produce the bulk of our meat, eggs and dairy products.
And who better to write the Animal and Ecological Terrorism Act, designed to protect Big Ag and Big Energy, than the lawyers on the Energy, Environment and Agriculture Task Force at the corporate-funded and infamous American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)....

Today’s ALEC-inspired bills take direct aim at anyone who tries to expose horrific acts of animal cruelty, dangerous animal-handling practices that might lead to food safety issues, or blatant disregard for environmental laws designed to protect waterways from animal waste runoff. In the past, most of those exposes have resulted from undercover investigations of exactly the type Big Ag wants to make illegal.

Wyoming’s HB 0126 is the perfect example of a direct link between an undercover investigation of a factory farm and the introduction of an Ag-Gag law. The bill was introduced mere weeks after nine factory workers at Wheatland, WY-based Wyoming Premium Farms, a supplier to Tyson Foods, were charged with animal cruelty following an undercover investigation by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). HSUS activists videotaped workers kicking live piglets, swinging them by their hind legs and beating and kicking mother pigs. Charges were filed in late December. In January, State Rep. Sue Wallis and Senator Ogden Driskill introduced Wyoming’s Ag-Gag bill which would make it a criminal act to carry out investigations such as the one that exposed the cruelty at Wyoming Premium Farms.

Wallis and Driskill both have ties to Big Ag. Wallis was the subject of a conflict-of-interest complaint filed in 2010 by animal welfare groups. The groups accused her of improper and fraudulent abuse of her position as a legislator after she introduced a bill allowing the Wyoming Livestock Board to send stray horses to slaughter. At the time she introduced the bill, Wallis also was planning to develop a family-owned horse slaughter plant in the state. Both Wallis and Driskill are members of the Wyoming Stockgrowers Association. Driskill has accepted political contributions from the livestock industry and Exxon Mobil, a member of ALEC.... Read the rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

The death and cruelty machine continues on, assisted by bought-and-sold politicians who have taken the broad and misused term of "terrorist" to prosecute those who resist their immoral efforts.

Any resistance -- whether it be against factory-farm abuses, banking cabal theft, permanent war abroad, or global ecological devastation -- is labeled "terrorism". As they steal and plunder, maim and slaughter, they inject the fear of imprisonment in those who object by using corporate-sponsored laws such as "The Patriot Act", or provisions of the NDAA, to label previously understood rights granted under the U.S. Constitution as "acts of terror".

The Bill of Rights has been pissed upon by the Corporate State, and the carnage will continue until the people stand up in-force.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Father Tyme said...

I polled myself and found
my faith in the people is running about 1%. The other 99% sees reality.

The only way things will change is the abject removal of those responsible. And they're making sure that can't happen.

Those in power don't care about us, about the environment or about the future so long as they can have or acquire everything they think they want.

I loved "Hawkeye's quote (from MASH):
"You know what a heros is? It's someone who is so tired, so dirty so fed up that he doesn't care what happens."

There aren't many more heroes!

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home