Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy First FULL Day of Fall

And boy, does it feel like it. Today is gorgeous here, with temps in the 60's. But tonight, it'll be down to 42 already! Brrrrr. Time to bring in all my tropical plants from the porch! They generally dislike temps below 50 degrees. I have a collection of various heat-loving plants, but my faves include two lush coffee plants, and a Hawaiian Plumeria - which took me three years to get leafed out from the stem it started as. So I'm taking no chances with my "baby"!

I think that it's going to be a cold winter, and at some point, a snowy one. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my older mare was really starting to put on her winter coat already. It was still summery weather then, and I've never seen her start a winter coat that early. Combined with how early the trees started changing and the activity of the insects, it's adding up to a Dang!! kind of winter. With the ever-present reality of climate change, we can expect shifting extremes, similar to what Europe will be seeing.

This week, like most weeks, I read a number of articles and posts online, from non-msm sources. I don't always get a chance to include all the links to good reads that I'd like to, but you really need to enjoy this short piece. It succinctly sums up witless Mitt and his whining one-percenters better than nearly anything I've read so far. And the picture on the bottom is priceless!

On a more serious note, I saw some documents from the FBI over at Public Intelligence, which hosts an incredible collection of materials from the government which most people never see. Most of us don't know how to access such docs, and their contents are rarely (if ever) discussed in the msm. As a result, the vast majority of us have no idea what "our" government is actually doing. The materials I read deal with the FBI's *vision* for domestic surveillance - and yes, they mean total access 24/7. Bookmark this site and use it as one of your resources.

A long-time reader of this blog sent me a link to a page from a Colorado public television station, which amazingly had the guts to air "9/11:Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak out" a few months back. This link is from the station's feedback page, which has posted hundreds of comments. What's interesting is that the overwhelming majority are from viewers thankful that someone finally aired credible evidence which contradicts the government's storyline about the events of 9/11. Isn't it sad that we live in a time when just presenting a factual documentary on mainstream media is seen as wildly courageous?

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Van Z said...

Er, are any of you trying to figure out how to pay for heat this winter? I have an oil furnace, but I have to fork out 700.00 a shot to get the tank filled. As an unemployed person, that's not going to happen.

Last winter I used quartz infrared heaters, but it wasn't really any cheaper (but I can pay monthly). Also, I'm pretty sure Duke Energy is using both coal and nuclear energy, so it's not like that's a greener option. Gawd, I want off the grid! Unfortunately I don't have the many thousands it would take to do so.

Sure wish some tech wizard out there would write a book titled "Renewable Energy for Po' Folks"!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home