Friday, August 19, 2011

Asheville Topless Protest Sunday


It will get underway at 1p in Pack Square, in downtown Asheville. The gathering is part of other events planned for Sunday by GoTopless.org, to protest unfair laws that restrict women from going topless in public.

However, in Asheville it won't be a crime, as only baring genitals in public is illegal; women going topless is not a problem. It's just that most women have shown little interest in doing so. Personally (although they're real and they're spectacular), I have no urge to take the girls out for some fresh air in public, but hey, to each their own. For them that wants to, I say go for it!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

Gee, I wish I could be in Asheville this weekend. I love a good protest!

Carolina on my mind...

11:35 PM  
Blogger Anna Van Z said...

I'm sure you do, JG! Perhaps some more than others, eh?

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

I see there's also a venue in Washington on Sunday, at the Capital Reflecting Pool. Perhaps I'll have to participate and lend my support.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

"...I have no urge to take the girls out for some fresh air in public, but hey, to each their own."

Oh yeah? Well, I'll be the judge of that....well, I'd probably LIKE too! (Aww shucks!)

FT

8:56 AM  
Blogger Dion said...

Does Asheville still have free parking on Sundays?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Anna Van Z said...

They sure do!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Peter of Lone Tree said...

"Helen, the beauty is to me like those Nicean barks of yore..."

I have it on good authority that my Nicean bark is worse than my Nicean bite. How 'bout a Nicean nibble?

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home